Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Untitled...just a post i guess....

Ok for real. It's been a long time. I always say im going to write a lil' something regularly but end up being caught up by my life experiences. So, yeah, Dwele's new album is out. Came out yesterday. If you only knew how long i have been awaiting this dudes album. Im FEELING! it man. He's one of the few artists that can catch my attention musically. It's like his music relates
to only people who keep it real, it's so raw, yet easy on the ear. But yeah, thats what im listening to now....at work....slouching in my seat and gazing into the sky. My desk faces the window you see, so my view is beautiful, i see EVERYTHING lol, i call it the snitches view, all a snitch needs to catch someone out hehe.

Today was quite boring at work, in fact the past month has been really boring. There
is nothing much to do and thank God my contract is ending in a month. Now, in the wonderful world of IT, most people never spend more than 2 years in a company. They tend to sort of treat companies like 'hoes'(no offence ladies, well im sure if you’re not one, disregard my apologies
because it won’t apply to you right? :-) ). So.....as i was saying. People in IT tend to just use the companies to get experience and then jump to another company, it’s a part of life i guess.....moving on.......something certain people find hard to do(i'll get to that in another post, no need for that now lol).

You know what, 2008 has to be the most random year of my life. Well, not exactly MY life, but man, I’ve seen some random things happening of recent. I mean, random people having babies, people you will never expect to be in a relationship are getting themselves tied down and stuff.
Now, i know this is not just me, but you all must be able to witness to this aswell. I seriously don't know what is going on, i mean i ain't superstitious or anything, but damn, the things that have been happening, it HAS to be leading somewhere.lol.

More about me and Boys:

I hooked up with some of the guys over the weekend. Was with Rafael and Terry, Marcus couldn't make 'The Boyz' General Meeting lol as he was abroad on holiday. So, we Raf and Terry. I dont think y'all have met Terry before. Terry is one of The Boyz, about 5,9' in height i think. Dude wasn't as tall as me and Rafael but he was the 'dark chocolate' one of the batch, very much built, so he got a lotta older ladies, unlike me and Rafael who had the baby faces. Marcus just looks like a cleaned up bad boy, i guess that's his appeal. He is dark skin too but not as dark as Terry.

Terry is into finance and works for one of the big fancy investment banks, no need for me to mention which one for all you gold diggers lol. He works there as a financial analyst, a role he had dreamt about since we were young. The only career guys were me, Rafael and Terry. Marcus is into Real estate and Construction. I guess we all can say we are getting somewhere in life, thinking about most of our peers from school and stuff, most of them are probably in jail or somewhere, only God knows.

I was the only musical one out of all of us. I always aspired to be a songwriter and musician. I never went to university. I guess i kinda got lucky after college, and was able to get a hook-up with one of my uncles mates to do this advanced software engineering course. That's how i got this good job i am working on. I was able to move out of my parents place at a young age, get my own place and do my thing.

Sometimes i think it sucks that i didn't go to university, especially after all the years my parents drummed the importance of it into my ears. All Rafael, Terry and even Marcus went to university to get a degree......i guess i was kinda buggin out after college thinking about what course to do so it kinda fell of my list of things to do after i got this job and started getting paid. I guess it’s not too late , i'm only 21 and i guess there is still a few months to September....hmmmm....we'll see.

At Rafaels place:

We sat in the dining area seated around the table having our usual discussions.

"So what's Zipporah saying bruv, you thought about wifeying her yet, you and her been seeing each other for a minute now bro" Said Terry with a big smile across his face, i guess he knew what my answer was going to be.

"No way mate, lol, i don't even need a girl right now man. Zipporah is cool, i mean, i really like her and she knows it, but i just aint ready right now. I'm a young dude, still got my whole life ahead of me, aint tryna settle down, girls just wanna have fun right?, they don't make those kinda songs for no reason you know?" i replied confidently.

"This guy knows the deal, he's got his head screwed on, that's the way forward Miguel, there are too many chicks around to stay tied down to one man, you aint tryna get married are you" said Rafael as he giggled, taking another cip of his Wine.

Terry is always tryna get us to settle down. He is just the epitome of a Morris Chestnut kinda guy. You know, the way those american writers portray the black actors as this good, strong, faithful man. I'm not saying they don't exist, but Terry is always tryna turn me and Raf into one of those kind of guys. He doesnt even bother with Marcus because that one, noone can get through to him, probably the most hard-headed guy i know.

"Terry, you watch too much of them black movies bruv" i said as we all laughed out loudly in the room.

We spent the whole night chatting away about the past, all our ex's and how we have dated the same girls, lol, it was funny. We gonna talk more about that in the next post i think. Right now, i am going to go and listen to my Dwele album all over again as i sit back in my seat drinking some cappuccino and brownies...yummy....then it's home time. It's only Wednesday...it feels like it's monday, the week has been going so slow.....oh well. Until next time.....and man, I’m seriously thinking about that university thing.......might be a 'thing'....

...

talk soon.

Miguel


Currently Listening to : Dwele ; Sketches Of A Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home